24 ISWAP ​‌‌⁠​‌‍⁠⁠‌‌‍⁠‍‌‌​⁠‌​family members surrender to troops in Borno

by · The Eagle Online

The Nigerian Army says a total of 24 family members of Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) terrorists have surrendered to troops in Mafa Local Government Area of Borno.

The piece of information is in an operational report made available to the News Agency of Nigeria on Saturday.

The report indicated that the terrorists’ family members surrendered at about 4 p.m. on Thursday to troops of 112 Task Force Battalion.

It added that the group fled the Gasuwa and Yaganari terrorist enclaves following clashes between rival factions within the terrorist organisation.

It noted that the surrendered family members had been profiled and documented by the troops for further action.

It further revealed that troops of 212 Battalion, supported by the Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF), had in another operation, apprehended two suspects during a raid in Bewac general area.

The report added that the operation was conducted along Al-Ansar University Road in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council based on human intelligence about suspected terrorist activities.

“Troops arrested one suspect in possession of a magazine loaded with 35 rounds of 7.62mm special ammunition.

“The suspect claimed he received the magazine and ammunition from another civilian, who was subsequently arrested by the troops.

“A mobile phone was recovered from the second suspect, while both suspects and exhibits remained in military custody for further investigation,” it said.

The report also revealed that troops of 25 Military Intelligence Regiment and CJTF arrested a suspected ISWAP logistics supplier and informant in Kekura, Damboa Local GovernmentArea.

It added that the suspect was arrested at his residence following intelligence linking him to the supply of food items and mobile phones to terrorist camps.

“Meanwhile, troops of Operation FANSAN YAMMA foiled a kidnapping incident at Jurawa Village in Lere Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

“The troops responded to a distress call after a female resident was abducted by suspected kidnappers at about 10 p.m. on Thursday.”

Also Read

The report also revealed that locals had killed and mutilated the corpses of five suspected kidnappers before troops arrived, while other terrorists fled after abandoning their victim.

Troops, therefore, warned residents against taking the law into their hands and assured them of continued efforts to protect law-abiding citizens.

In Plateau, report said troops of Operation ENDURING PEACE recovered an AK-47 rifle after arresting a woman attempting to flee with two magazines.

It said the troops had raided Kisayi and Dogon Daji settlements in Bassa Local Government Area following intelligence on the kidnapping of a civilian.

According to the report, further searches led to recovery of a locally fabricated firearm, three mobile phones and a military jungle hat from another residence.

“In another operation, troops recovered 20 rustled cattle at Dila Village in Pankshin Local Government Area after engaging suspected rustlers, who fled the area.

“The recovered cattle were subsequently handed over to their owner.”

In the South-South, the report said the troops of the Joint Task Force South-South Operation Delta Safe arrested three suspected cultists over alleged murder in Isoko North Local Government Area of Delta.

It added that suspects were arrested during a raid on Sunfit Hotel, Owhelogbo, and handed over to the Nigeria Police for further action.

“Also in Rivers, troops arrested two suspects conveying about 125 litres of suspected illegally refined Automotive Gas Oil in sack bags.

“The suspects were apprehended at Ebocha general area of Ogba-Egbema-Ndoni Local Government Area during a patrol by troops of CIB VIII.

“The suspects remained in custody, while the recovered products were handled in line with the mandate of Operation Delta Safe,” the report added.

[wpadcenter_ad id='745970' align='none']

Follow The Eagle Online Channel on WhatsApp