Trump holds Iran crisis talks with national security team amid ongoing negotiations
by By The News Digital · The News InternationalUS President Donald Trump met senior US national security officials on Friday as the White House weighed its next steps in the conflict with Iran.
According to a person familiar with the meeting cited by CNN, the White House session ended without a final decision on whether the US would resume military action or continue diplomatic efforts.
Advertisement
Negotiations between Washington and Tehran remain ongoing, with delegations from Qatar and Pakistan travelling to Iran in an attempt to broker a deal.
Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Ismail Baghaei said there were still “very deep” differences between the two sides and that further negotiations would be needed, according to Iran’s state news agency IRNA.
Trump has reportedly been presented with military options after expressing frustration over the pace of talks.
Earlier this week, he said he was close to ordering strikes before stepping back following requests from Gulf nations.
The president also cancelled weekend travel plans and confirmed he would miss the Bahamas wedding of his son, Donald Trump Jr..
Officials attending Friday’s meeting included Vice President JD Vance and Defence Secretary Pete Hegseth.