Ebola risk now at highest level in DR Congo, says WHO
The risk from the deadly Ebola outbreak has been raised to the highest level for the Democratic Republic of Congo, the World Health Organization said Friday, as the toll continued to rise.
WHO raises risk of Ebola outbreak in Congo to 'very high' at national level
The World Health Organization has raised the risk of the Bundibugyo strain of ‌Ebola turning into a national outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo to "very high". The strain, for which there is no approved vaccine or treatment, was declared an emergency of ‌international concern by the WHO on…
WHO raises Ebola risk level as DRC outbreak worsens, reports new hantavirus cases
Mr Ghebreyesus noted that the organisation previously assessed the outbreak risk as high nationally and regionally, and low globally, but has now revised it to “very high” at the national level, “high” regionally and “low” globally
WHO raises DRC Ebola risk to 'very high;' 177 deaths suspected
May 22 (UPI) -- World Health Organization Secretary-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said Friday that the suspected number of deaths from an Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo is 177, far surpassing the seven confirmed deaths.
WHO Africa Head Says Underestimating Ebola Spread Risk Can Be "Big Mistake"
WHO regional director for Africa Mohamed Yakub Janabi said just one case of Ebola could spread the virus beyond the Democratic Republic of Congo and Uganda.
last updated on 22 May 21:35