Ebola outbreak kills 88 in DR Congo as WHO declares global emergency
A fast‑moving Ebola outbreak of the Bundibugyo strain has killed more than 80 people in the Democratic Republic of Congo and reached the major city of Goma, prompting the World Health Organization to declare an international health emergency.
Trump ‘Concerned’ About Congo Ebola Outbreak as Fatalities Rise to 131
President Donald Trump said on Monday he was “concerned” about the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
WHO worried about 'scale and speed' of deadly DR Congo Ebola outbreak
The DRC's health minister said the suspected toll from the outbreak declared late last week had risen to 136 deaths and 543 suspected cases.
WHO worried about 'scale and speed' of deadly DR Congo Ebola outbreak
The DRC's health minister said the suspected toll from the outbreak declared late last week had risen to 136 deaths and 543 suspected cases.
WHO warns of ‘scale and speed’ of deadly Ebola outbreak in DR Congo
The World Health Organization is sounding the alarm over the “scale and speed” of a deadly Ebola outbreak sweeping eastern Democratic Republic of Congo.
Ebola outbreak sparks global health emergency as deaths rise in Africa
The World Health Organization has declared the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo and Uganda a “public health emergency of international concern” as cases and deaths...
WHO declares Ebola outbreak an emergency of international concern
Some 88 people have died from the highly contagious haemorrhagic fever in the DR Congo, with one death in Uganda, and at least 336 suspected cases.
Ebola outbreak’s scale, speed have WHO officials worried as Congo announces 134 deaths
The World Health Organization director-general openly worried Tuesday over the "scale and speed" of an outbreak of a rare type of Ebola in eastern Congo, where authorities reported a sharp i
DR Congo: Health officials arrive in Bunia with Ebola supplies
The health minister of the Democratic Republic of Congo said on Sunday that authorities had already selected sites in Rwampara and Mongwalu to establish new treatment centers and that dozens of patients were receiving active care.
Ebola crisis in Congo: over 130 dead as WHO mobilizes supplies
The World Health Organization has dispatched 18 tonnes of emergency medical supplies to the Democratic Republic of Congo as the country battles a fast-spreading Ebola outbreak that has already caused 105 deaths and more than 390 suspected cases.
Over 120 deaths in latest DR Congo Ebola crisis: this is what we know
The World Health Organization has declared the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo an international health emergency after more than 120 suspected deaths and hundreds of possible infections linked to the highly contagious virus.
last updated on 20 May 04:50