WHO Says Ebola Contained at Global Level
The World Health Organization warned that the Ebola outbreak centered in the Democratic Republic of Congo and Uganda poses a serious risk at the national and regional level, although the danger of wider global spread remains low for now. WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said 51 confirmed cases have already been identified in the Congolese provinces of Ituri and North Kivu, while stressing that the real scale of the outbreak is believed to be significantly larger.
DR Congo appeals for global help as new Ebola outbreak spreads
Health officials in the Democratic Republic of the Congo are racing to contain a new Ebola outbreak, as medical teams establish quarantine zones in densely populated communities amid fears the virus could spread rapidly.
W.H.O. Says Ebola Global Threat 'Low' as Cases Surge in DR Congo
The World Health Organization says the Ebola outbreak in the Congo (DRC) began much earlier than previously suspected.
WHO says Ebola outbreak not “pandemic emergency”
GENEVA | Xinhua | The risk of the Ebola epidemic is “high at the national and regional levels, and low at the global level,” and the situation is not a “pandemic emergency,” the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Wednesday. Speaking at a press conference, WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said that a WHO Emergency …
Ebola outbreak: WHO declares Ebola outbreak as a global emergency
WHO has declared the ongoing Ebola outbreak linked to the Bundibugyo virus in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Uganda a PHEIC
WHO warns of ‘scale and speed’ of deadly Ebola outbreak in DR Congo
The World Health Organization is sounding the alarm over the “scale and speed” of a deadly Ebola outbreak sweeping eastern Democratic Republic of Congo.
Rwanda tightens border controls over deadly Ebola outbreak in DR Congo
Rwandan authorities have intensified health screenings and tightened movement along the border with the Democratic Republic of Congo as a deadly Ebola outbreak linked to the rare Bundibugyo strain continues to spread across the region.
US tightens entry rules over deadly Ebola outbreak in Congo
The administration of Donald Trump announced new travel and health screening measures on Monday in response to a growing Ebola outbreak in Central Africa that has killed more than 130 people.
last updated on 21 May 17:11