WHO Raises Alarm Over Speed Of Ebola Outbreak As Congo Announces 134 Deaths
The virus spread undetected for weeks after the first known death as authorities tested for a more common type of Ebola and came up negative, health experts and aid workers said.
US tightens entry rules over deadly Ebola outbreak in Congo
The administration of Donald Trump announced new travel and health screening measures on Monday in response to a growing Ebola outbreak in Central Africa that has killed more than 130 people.
WHO warns of ‘scale and speed’ of deadly Ebola outbreak in DR Congo
The World Health Organization is sounding the alarm over the “scale and speed” of a deadly Ebola outbreak sweeping eastern Democratic Republic of Congo.
WHO chief is deeply concerned at speed and scale of Ebola outbreak
Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus has warned that the Ebola outbreak in Congo and Uganda is expanding quickly. The spread into urban areas and infections among healthcare workers have heightened concern over containment.
WHO worried about 'scale and speed' of deadly DR Congo Ebola outbreak
The DRC's health minister said the suspected toll from the outbreak declared late last week had risen to 136 deaths and 543 suspected cases.
Trump ‘Concerned’ About Congo Ebola Outbreak as Fatalities Rise to 131
President Donald Trump said on Monday he was “concerned” about the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
Ebola outbreak’s scale, speed have WHO officials worried as Congo announces 134 deaths
The World Health Organization director-general openly worried Tuesday over the "scale and speed" of an outbreak of a rare type of Ebola in eastern Congo, where authorities reported a sharp i
Over 120 deaths in latest DR Congo Ebola crisis: this is what we know
The World Health Organization has declared the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo an international health emergency after more than 120 suspected deaths and hundreds of possible infections linked to the highly contagious virus.
Ebola crisis in Congo: over 130 dead as WHO mobilizes supplies
The World Health Organization has dispatched 18 tonnes of emergency medical supplies to the Democratic Republic of Congo as the country battles a fast-spreading Ebola outbreak that has already caused 105 deaths and more than 390 suspected cases.
Ebola outbreak kills 88 in DR Congo as WHO declares global emergency
A fast‑moving Ebola outbreak of the Bundibugyo strain has killed more than 80 people in the Democratic Republic of Congo and reached the major city of Goma, prompting the World Health Organization to declare an international health emergency.
last updated on 20 May 04:50