WHO declares global health emergency over Congo Ebola outbreak
The Democratic Republic of Congo has been hit by an outbreak of Ebola. According to the African Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, the outbreak was discovered in the northeast…
WHO Declares Ebola Outbreak a Global Health Emergency
An anonymous reader quotes a report from the New York Times: The World Health Organization declared on Saturday that the spread of the Ebola virus in the Democratic Republic of Congo and Uganda was a global health emergency. The announcement was made a day after Africa's leading public health author...
Health workers race to respond to Congo’s fast-spreading Ebola outbreak
The current outbreak is caused by the Bundibugyo virus, and has no approved virus-specific therapeutics or vaccine. Read more at straitstimes.com. Read more at straitstimes.com.
An American doctor is among the newest cases in rare Ebola outbreak in Congo
An American doctor in Congo is among the newly confirmed cases in an outbreak of a rare variant of the Ebola virus with no approved vaccines or therapeutics, Congolese officials said Monday. Deaths have ...
DR Congo: Health officials arrive in Bunia with Ebola supplies
The health minister of the Democratic Republic of Congo said on Sunday that authorities had already selected sites in Rwampara and Mongwalu to establish new treatment centers and that dozens of patients were receiving active care.
Congo will open 3 Ebola treatment centers as a rare strain spreads in Ituri
Congo will open three treatment centers for the Ebola virus in the eastern Ituri province following an outbreak of a variant that has no approved therapeutics or vaccines, as the World Health Organiza
Ebola outbreak kills 88 in DR Congo as WHO declares global emergency
A fast‑moving Ebola outbreak of the Bundibugyo strain has killed more than 80 people in the Democratic Republic of Congo and reached the major city of Goma, prompting the World Health Organization to declare an international health emergency.
DRC: Health officials scramble to respond to latest ebola outbreak
Health workers in Kinshasa met with Dieudonne Mwamba, Director General of the National Institute of Public Health, to discuss a deadly Ebola outbreak in eastern DR Congo
Fear as health officials raise alarm over new Ebola outbreak in DR Congo
At least 80 people are reported to have died and 246 suspected cases identified in Ituri province in the latest outbreak of the deadly virus.
last updated on 19 May 11:28