Trump ‘holds off’ Iran strike but warns military to stay ready
US President Donald Trump said he has delayed a planned military strike on Iran, saying Gulf leaders requested more time as negotiations over Tehran’s nuclear programme continue. In a post on...
Trump says he called off renewed attack on Iran at Gulf states’ request
He, however, warned that the US military would be prepared to "go forward with a full, large-scale assault of Iran, on a moment's notice" if talks failed to produce a deal.
Iran announces new body to manage Strait of Hormuz as peace talks stall
Iran announced a new body to oversee the Strait of Hormuz on Monday, signalling tighter control over the strategic waterway after months of disruption linked to its war with the United States and Israel.…
Trump says he’s called off Iran strike planned for Tuesday at request of Gulf allies
The president’s announcement in a social media post Monday came as he had threatened the clock was ticking for Iran to strike a deal or fighting would renew after a fragile ceasefire.
Trump says he's called off Iran strike planned for Tuesday at request of Gulf allies
President Donald Trump said he is holding off on a military strike on Iran planned for Tuesday because “serious negotiations” are underway. Trump made the announcement in a social media post on Monday after threatening over the weekend that time was running out for Iran to strike a deal or…
Trump’s tough-talk foreign policy is hitting a wall with Iran as it grips Strait of Hormuz
President Donald Trump considers himself an effective dealmaker but appears to have hit a wall with Iran.
Trump claims 'positive development' in negotiations with Iran after calling off renewed assault
Trump said in a post on social media that the attacks had been planned for tomorrow.
last updated on 19 May 11:28