Munster's Jack Crowley(Image: Mandatory Credit ©INPHO/Billy Stickland)

Jack Crowley states 'nothing is confirmed' as Munster contract talks continue

by · Irish Mirror

Jack Crowley has stated that no decision has been made on his future as his Munster contract edges toward its conclusion.

The out-half has been the subject of transfer speculation in recent weeks, with rumours running rampant that English Premiership side Leicester Tigers have made a mega-money offer to the 25-year-old who is out of contract at the end of the season.

It is believed that Leicester have tabled an offer in the region of £600,000 per year, a figure that would almost double Crowley's current Munster salary.

Interim Munster boss Ian Costello suggested after last weekend's win over Connacht at MacHale Park that he was 'confident' that a deal would be struck to keep Crowley at Munster.

However, in an interview with RTE, Crowley claimed that nothing had been decided with regards to where he will be playing rugby at the start of next season.

"At the moment, nothing is confirmed," he told the RTE Rugby podcast ahead of Munster's huge Champions Cup clash with Ronan O'Gara's La Rochelle this weekend.

"No pen to paper on anything, so that’s the current situation.

"With the magnitude of this week, and even the priority of last week, they always take centre fold. As you go on in your career you learn to compartmentalise certain decisions like this.

"When it comes to on-field stuff, that requires all your attention and particularly a week like this in Europe requires all my attention. I’m fortunate that I have people in the background who are doing that for me, and will hopefully come to the best conclusion."

In a separate interview, Crowley, speaking in his role as a Pinergy ambassador, said: “Well, my hands aren’t tied, don’t worry.

“It’s still ongoing but, as I’ve said before and always will, I come back to performances and that’s my main focus.

“The team behind me are looking after that and hopefully [it] will be sorted."

Throughout his media appearances on Wednesday, Crowley mentioned on a number of occasions that he was eager to add to his International cap total of 24 and continue to play a key role for Ireland.

With the IRFU's current selection policy of only picking players based in Ireland, Crowley's comments should ease the minds of Munster fans worried that he may be about to jump ship.

Crowley made his Munster debut in 2021 before donning the green jersey for the first time a year later. His breakthrough moment came in 2023, when he led Munster to URC glory before going on to be Johnny Sexton's deputy at that year's World Cup.

He steered Ireland to Six Nations victory in 2024, but his grip on the number 10 shirt was loosened by the arrival of Sam Prendergast, who started four of five Six Nations games this year, severely limiting Crowley's gametime at 10.

Get the latest sports headlines straight to your inbox by signing up for free email alerts.